100: Home
101: Community Forums
102: Home
103: Home
104: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › Flames of War › Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization
Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Still havn't heard back from the gang in Moscow. I will post as soon as I get some info.

I am part of a small Gaming website here in the Northwest. It was used for online clans, now it is mainly vacant. I wanted to know if any of you wanted to start making that a gamers website so we don't have to use several different store websites to communicate. I am currently one of the administrators on the site.

This may also help us find enough players to eventually host a Regional Qualifier. I really don't care about qualifying for Origins, I just want to be able to offer it to those who do.

Since I know alot of players that play, yet we are spread out over time and distance and where we choose to play or visit on he web. I am going to try to put together a local database. That way if and when Regionals happen we can find enough players. Or at least contact them and see what happens.

Chris

I am not going to bother listing the website at this time, unless we get enough interest. There is no point diluting the ones we have, until we need a more central location. I just wanted to let you all know it is available if needed.
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Chris, It has possibilities, as long as we don't loose players along the way. In our area we have 4 stores where play takes place. Only Merlyns has a big enough area to host 10-12 games at a time. We have enough gamers in our area to have a great qualifier or several. Between Moscow, Post Falls and Spokane we could have alot of fun and easily have enough players. So maybe you get the site up and we start directing FOW players to one site but keep Merlyns involved as the qualifying site. Lets talk about this and Then we could talk to John at Merlyns. It would be good for him and us. Whats Moscows playing area like? Terry

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Terry,

I just want to setup a database of players and a single site that will have the news of who is playing and where. Merlyn's is welcome to setup the regional qualifier if they want. I just want to be able to find enough people to make it happen.

Moscow has a decent sized gaming group, but probably not enough to make the 18 needed. They play at S&P hobbies in the Mall on Third street and can setup tables in the middle of the mall if extra space is needed. You have been to their website, so they are already ahead of the game and probably are the most active FoW website and store in the inland Northwest.

The drive distance to Moscow is the only thing that keeps me from playing there on a regular basis. Now that I have been introduced to you, I know William already from his past trips to CDA. I think we could get a good group going. We could also eliminate the pseudo store rivalry in Spokane. By rotating where we play and what nights. This may allow us to bring in more players and help new players get up to speed.

I also would like to get a central clearing house for gaming information. Not just FoW. I have other friends and other games I currently play. None of them having to do with GW. Just thought I would offer the idea up to see if we could get enough people together. Plus information on the the local gamers so when a game day or tournament or qualifier or mega battle or historical demonstration happens, we can make sure those that want to go, know about it.

Chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Chris, That sounds good. Count me in. Anything I can do to help, let me know. Terry

solonar
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

I would definitely be interested in getting more people involved and playing, and would love to have regional events here in town. Yeah, the store rivalries here in town really suck. It would be nice to see more cooperation and communication, it would really liven up the gaming community. I think all it needs is for someone to actually take the initiative and put forth the effort. I will help in any way I can. Mike.

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Mike,

That is going to be the overall goal. First thing I want to do is get a database together of all the FoW gamers in the area. Spokane, Post Falls, CDA, Hayden and surrounding area. Hopefully I can get their email addresses as well as phone numbers.

I just want to see regular game play happening. I also want us to be able to put together some Events and if possible set up the Regional Qualifier thru John at Merlyn's and then and another one in Moscow thru Tony at S&P. If we have to run multiple qualifiers so that as many people that want to can go to Origins then we will.

Chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Chris, Excellent Idea. Go for it!!! Terry

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Found some more new friends today and some good players. Some new, some experienced. Great day. lots of fun.

chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

OK,

Officially registered Gamers North as a club for the purposes of being allowed to organize and run BF functions, such as tournaments, demonstrations, etc.

The club website is www.gamersnorth.com

The FoW section is in the miniature gaming section. Please register and drop a line of who and where and what if you could. The more people we can get on the site, the more chance we have of running some great things thru BF and of helping Merlyn's and other local places out. They after all gives us great free places to play.

Chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Chris, I will as soon as I get home. Our hospital computer blocks the site with its automatic blocker. Don't ask me why. The gamersnorth is a great idea to bring everyone together. Good Job!!!

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Ok, the website is slowly coming together. I have been made an administrator and have just placed some events on the calendar. We have our first two FoW players registered. Neither of which lives in Post Falls. So that is a win for the area.

Thanks go to Sean and to Tony for registering. I met Sean the other day at the Y and Tony in Moscow. Well it is a start and I hope we can keep it growing. Sean should be playing with us at Merlyn's next week. If he needs a ride I hope we can arrange something for him.

I will be placing some great links for research on the site into unit histories and such. I hope the rest of you will share with us as well.

Chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

The website is currently having issues with registration. Might be operator side, might be website side. We are not sure. Some people are coming in and registering no problem. Others, myself included got the you are not authorized to perform that function screen during the last button push of registration.

The Website administrator is going to try to figure out what might be causing the problems. It may be a simple setting on the users computer. Or a setting in the security setup of the website itself.

I will keep everyone posted once we figure this out.

Chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

Registration should now be fixed. I was able to successfully register this morning with my alter ego account from yahoo. Good Luck all, if I can do it anyone can.

chris
Dungeon_Master123
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

ogre wrote:
Registration should now be fixed. I was able to successfully register this morning with my alter ego account from yahoo. Good Luck all, if I can do it anyone can.

chris

It still shows me that screen... It wont let me register.

Register at this Miniature War Game forum for free!!!
minibattles.freeforums...portal.php
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Regional Qualifying, organizing the organization

During Registration you have to enter your email twice, it has to be perfect. I just went to the site and registerd for the third time this morning. It may be you have cookies turned off. Cookies must be turned on for the site to allow registration is what the tech told me.

chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: