97: Community Forums
98: Home
99: Community Forums
100: My Account
101: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › GW Warhammer 40k › 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?
40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fe2mike
Bouncer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Saturday August 19th we will be having a 1500 pt 40k Tourney that will start @ 1pm.

We would like to either run Cities of Death or tie into the Medusa V summer campaign.

$5.00 entry fee (all as prizes)

Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

i am coming yes:).
World Eaters Smile

Irongaze125
Übernerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Alright everybody! I am back from vacation and have "the" "skinny" on the 40k tourney.

As Iron Mike has been so kind to post, the tournament will be on August 19th (that's a Saturday, folks) and will be a 1500 pointer. BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!1!!!

I will ask that each player register their army for the Fall of Medusa Summer Campaign. This will allow us to report the outcomes and thus play a role in deciding the fate of that DOOMED WORLD!

My classic system of scoring will be in effect. Here it is as a reminder for ya:

Scoring: There will be 106 points available... the points for appearance are counted seperately and will not count towards overall score.
You can get a total of 60 points in your battles, meaning that if you win ALL your missions and recieve ALL the secondary objectives, you get 60 points.
There are 30 points awarded by your opponents for sportsmanship and fairness of your army. So play nice.
Finally, the score that everybody seems most curious about, there are 16 points for composition.

The composition requirements are:

>At least 40% Troops
>More Troops choices than in other selections
>No more than 25% in Fast Attack, Elites, or Heavy Support
>No more than 10% in the Armoury
>Unit names and designations

Mission scoring IS based on degree of victory, but I will fill you in on the exact math at tourney time (my little secret!)

Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

ALSO: As much as I would like to run Cities of Death, I have come to the conclusion that we simply do not have the terrain to do a ful sized tourney justice. However, if you all were to show enough interest, we could put together a "Build Some Sweet Terrain" Day and reward you all for your efforts by hosting a Cities of Death Tourney in its full glory!

Please post if you would like to help!

sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Awright...
at least i don't have to build a new list for cityfight.
I'll be there, and maybe i can drag Jim and his Tau down with me.

that in the evening, night-time follows day.
Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

you should take away the 10% on wargear rule
i dont have enough models to only take 150 pts. of wargear.
Also with that limitation i'll bet you'll get 0 chaos players, your killing our lords and we dont like it

sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

lol chaos lords can only spend 150 TOTAL in the armory according to the codex, and since Marks, Weapons, Psychic abilities, Veteran Abilities and vehicle upgrades don't count as wargear, you should still have plenty of room to trick out squad leaders within their 75 point max. After all, having daemon princes to lead every squad IS a little unfair.

fe2mike
Bouncer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Hey Josh, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but,

Are those Army Composition requirements requirements?
Or are those the way to get the full 16 points for army composition?

In otherwords can I still participate if even if I can't fill those Army comp rules (eg. what if the only way for me to get to 1500 is to use 40% heavy?)

Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

sthar8 wrote:
lol chaos lords can only spend 150 TOTAL in the armory according to the codex, and since Marks, Weapons, Psychic abilities, Veteran Abilities and vehicle upgrades don't count as wargear, you should still have plenty of room to trick out squad leaders within their 75 point max. After all, having daemon princes to lead every squad IS a little unfair.

err uh yeah fergot 'bout that Embarassed
but i still wish i could have daemonic champs Sad

winterman
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

I'm curious, you mention 10% armory. Usually its just wargear and vehicle upgrades, not the whole Armory. ie. would the powerfist on a veteran sergeant in a vanilla tactical squad (or champ in a chaos list) count (as it is chosen from the armory)? What about the terminator honors given to the sgt so he can take the powerfist? Also, Tau weapon and support systems for crisis suits are taken from the armory (IIRC). Would those count as well?

Just curious, as even if you do count them I should be well below 150 points

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, -- You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. -- George Carlin
Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

no read sthar8's definition of wargear um dunno about tau stuff though look under wargear and it should give a definition

winterman
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

I know the definition of wargear. Do you know the definition of armory? Wink

Josh posted "10% armory" which would include not just wargear but weapons bought from the armory as well. It wouldn't include upgrades like flamers, lascannons and stuff but by defnition would include power fists for your champs. Usually it is just wargear that is counted (for the old style RTT system) but Josh may have a different way of doing things.

Either way, my question about the terminator honors for sergeants still stands. Depending on your point of view, a veteran sergeant could be considered either an upgrade or a peice of wargear (terminator honors). Of course, chaos and the aspiring champs don't have that problem.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, -- You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. -- George Carlin
Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

uh yeah um i Josh, is the 10% armory just restricting wargear. i really hope so

sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Interesting question. I've always assumed he meant wargear, as he told me not to count weapons at my first tourney, and he's never commented on the fact that my list formula doesn't include weapons or upgrades in the armory category.

As for sergeants, I would definately call them an upgrade, as normal marines cannot choose from the armory until they become sergeants, AND its listed on the unit entry, just like hvy weapons and vehicle upgrades.

Here's a question: what about nid biomorphs? how do they count toward armory? If I wanted to use my 'stealers, would I lose the points because the scything talons and flesh hooks cost 250 total where other armies have grenades and CCWs, or would i be immune to the rule because my Broodlord's options are listed with him in the codex? And how would the Nidzilla list work?

Just curious, as I still need about $120 to finish the list, but I may need to know in the future.

Penumbra
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

oh yeah and i made a list for my world eaters using only 150 points from the armory and i had to add bikes and a dreadnought which work like crap.
so another question is do the khornate chainaxes for my berzerkers count as armory or upgrade?

winterman
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 40K TOURNEY SAT AUG 19TH CITIES OF DEATH? MEDUSA V?

Quote::
Interesting question. I've always assumed he meant wargear, as he told me not to count weapons at my first tourney, and he's never commented on the fact that my list formula doesn't include weapons or upgrades in the armory category.

Yeah i'm pretty sure that his intent is to limit wargear but with the low fantasy tournament rules I wasn't sure if he was going with something more restrictive.

As for sergeants, I would definately call them an upgrade, as normal marines cannot choose from the armory until they become sergeants, AND its listed on the unit entry, just like hvy weapons and vehicle upgrades.

My books not with me but IIRC a sergeant gains access to the armory by taking terminator honors, which is itself a wargear item. This is in contrast to the 3ed space marine rules and to chaos. I could see it being ruled either way but i won't lose sleep over it. I'm guessing because it's chosen from the unit entry that it wouldn't count as wargear. I'm guessing termiantor honors for veterans and command squads would also not count but i'd never use such an overpriced upgrade.

As far as nids, they have neither armory or wargear and usually are scored as having 0%. However Josh may have a different opinion on this (like say non-weapon biomorphs counting as wargear). Also Godzilla list at 1500 would have to have 8 barebones MCs or 7 really trimmed ones to possibly meet the 40% troop requirement. You'd also have a hard time squeezing in 4 troop squads. Theoretically possible though.

However if Josh is using the old RTT rules (current RTT rules no longer use the checklist), then it isn't a requirement but mearly a score you'd lose out on (probably 6 or so points).

oh yeah and i made a list for my world eaters using only 150 points from the armory and i had to add bikes and a dreadnought which work like crap. so another question is do the khornate chainaxes for my berzerkers count as armory or upgrade?
Chain axes would not count as armory for basic bezerkers but would count as armory for an HQ (but not wargear).

Also, khornate bikers are some of the best bikers in the game and chaos bikes in general are great for delivering daemons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: