I admit, it's been a good while since I rolled dice in anger, and I've been thinking of getting back into gaming. Been toying with a couple play-by-post games for about a year now, but those are hardly the same thing (and man, are they slow going). While my resume of gaming doesn't include a ton of different RPGs, I do know my stuff.
The games I'm conversant in are:
5th ed (mainly Champions
; my 6th edition books are on perpetual back-order given how rare they're getting, but one day they may ship; I can go back to the 4th ed books too if need be, maybe the old 2nd ed.)
(and no, its not all about making the most powerful character for me there, though some have had that aspect; been playing Rifts off and on since its introduction in 1990)
4th ed, 3rd ed, and 2nd ed with or without the Options & Powers book (like many others, D&D was my first RPG; AD&D to be specific, if that's any indicator to you of my age, and thus suitability to a particular group). I've even been dabbling in the 5th ed play tests.
Though I've played other games like Battle Tech, TMNT&OS, and a few others I'm spacing just now, those are the ones I know quite well and played for real. That isn't to say I'm incapable of learning a new system, of course.
As a player there are only a few things a prospective group may wish to consider if thinking of contacting me.
(1) I'm not an old man, but I might be a better fit in an older group.
(2) I am not a smoker, but if members of the group are, that's cool by me. The same goes for "smokers
(3) I have a car. It's an old POS that's one bad pot-hole away form the junkyard, but it runs.
(4) I am, and ever shall be, a Trekkie (and I know the difference between a Trekkie and a Trekker).
(5) I have a high IQ and a dirty sense of humor of the Dennis Miller school of thought.
(6) I have some GM/DM experience, but frankly I was only so-so in that role.
If if you have any questions, send me a PM here. I'll be around. Alternately, if you want to do a meet & greet somewhere (Merlyns, some restaurant, your house, ...) that works for me too.