“Engineering, power to Helm. Move forward and close the distance to the enemy. Keep shields in the front. We''re going straight in”. You can feel the bridge vibrate slightly as the engines come up to speed.
“Captain, all sensors are on weapon lock”, says the Sensor Officer. “You can fire at will.”
A slight smirk crosses your face. “On my mark! Launch both tor... Wait, where did they go?” You look at the viewscreen, puzzled, with a growing sense of unease.
Sensors starts shouting. “Crystal Warp! Captain they''ve done a crystal warp and they''re directly behind us!”
"Space Cadets: Dice Duel" pits two starships against each other in quick-paced combat. The players are divided into two teams, each team playing the crew of their ship. The team will win or lose together. The game ends when one side destroys their opponent by causing four points of damage through torpedoes or mines.
Each ship has six Bridge Stations:
- Engineering generates power for the other stations.
- Helm maneuvers the ship on the map.
- Weapons loads the torpedo tubes to attack the enemy.
- Sensors locks onto the enemy so torpedoes can hit, and uses jammers to stop the enemy from locking on.
- Shields helps protect the ship from enemy torpedoes.
- Tractor Beams can grab the powerful crystals, move the enemy ship on the map, and launch Mines.
There are no game turns in "Space Cadets: Dice Duel". The game continues with players acting as quickly as possible until one side wins.
Each player will be in charge of one or more of these stations, or have the overall roll of Captain to coordinate everything.
"Space Cadets: Dice Duel" contains many high-quality components, including 50 DICE (mostly custom, engraved dice) and 2 starship miniatures.
"Space Cadets: Dice Duel" contains all of these great components:
• 2 Starship Plastic Miniatures
• 6 Purple Acrylic Crystals
• 12 Asteroid/Nebula/Wormhole Tokens/double-sided
• 4 Mine Tokens
• 1 Game Board
• 1 Rulebook
• 12 White Energy Dice
• 8 Green Sensor Dice
• 12 Red Weapons Dice
• 6 Blue Shield Dice
• 6 Orange Tractor Beam Dice
• 6 Yellow Helm Dice
• 2 Engineering Station Displays
• 2 Sensor Station Displays
• 2 Weapons Station Displays
• 2 Shield Station Displays
• 2 Tractor Beam Station Displays
• 2 Helm Station Displays
Time: 30 minutes