New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Who Is Where: Visitors:
02: Community Forums
03: Community Forums
06: Community Forums
08: Community Forums
09: Community Forums
10: Community Forums
11: Community Forums
15: Community Forums
16: Community Forums
17: Community Forums
20: Stories Archive
22: Community Forums
23: Stories Archive
24: Stories Archive
25: Stories Archive
26: Stories Archive
27: Stories Archive
Staff Online:No staff members are online!
Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › GW Warhammer 40k › Warhammer 40k Tournament December 19th, 1250 points
Warhammer 40k Tournament December 19th, 1250 points
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
|Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm Post subject: Warhammer 40k Tournament December 19th, 1250 points
Merlyn's is hosting a Warhammer 40k tournament on Sunday,December 19th! Lists will be 1250 points, and signups will start at 10:00. There will be a $10 entry fee that will be added to the prize pool, which begins at $50. Please be in the store before 10:30 to register.
Some general rules:
-Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rules will be used.
- Rules and Army Lists marked as ‘Trial’ or ‘Optional’ are not allowed. Unofficial rules sets are not allowed. In addition, the Following are NOT legal for the 40K Tournament:
Armored Company (Any Variation)
- Specific Zone fighting rules will NOT be in effect – Including Jungle Fighting or City Fighting.
- The models used in your army must be Games Workshop Miniatures.
- What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). If you wish to use an item, it must be represented on the figure. Each figure must be fitted to the base supplied for the figure in its blister or box. Only Vehicles may be without a base.
- You must bring all materials needed to play including dice, templates, measuring devices, templates, models, calculators, and any rules that you will be using. If the Codex is available for your army you must have it with you at all times. You must also have the latest version of the FAQ for your army, available from the Games Workshop website. Each player should also bring at least 3 objective markers on 40mm bases.
- Each player must provide their opponent during each round a copy of their army list.
- All Tournament missions are considered ‘Standard’ for Space Marine Drop Pod special rules.
- In order to keep the Tournament running on schedule, when time is called for a round, all players must drop their dice and stop playing – no exceptions. Because of this, please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a full turn you cannot finish. At a minimum, a 30-minute warning will be called by the Judge.
- If illegal units or Tournament rules violations are found in a player’s list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. Please check with Tournament judges prior to the event for any questions in advance.
- All rulings by the Tournament judges will be final.
- If a model is listed in an official GW Codex and it does not have a GW figure available for it, you may use an appropriate scratch-built model or conversion to represent it. Otherwise, you must use an appropriate GW or ForgeWorld model to represent the unit in question.
Games, Scoring, and Prizes
- There will be 3 rounds in the Tournament, with each round consisting of one two-hour game.
The following times are subject to change.
10:00 – Doors open
10:00 – 10:30 – Set up, Sign-In, and Introductions
10:30 – 10:45 – Round 1 Table Assignments and Setup
10:45 – 12:45 – Round 1
12:45 – 1:45 – Lunch/Dinner
1:45 – 2:00 – Round 2 Table Assignments and Setup
2:00 – 4:00 – Round 2
4:00 – 4:15 – Round 3 Table Assignments and Setup
4:15 – 6:15 – Round 3
6:15 – 6:30 – Awards Ceremony
Merlyns is scheduled to close at 9pm, so lets please keep things moving.
The schedule is subject to modification. Please ensure that you are available to stay for the entire tournament.
Listen and read the 1940's adventures of Martin's Raiders
Watch The HANGAR BAY SHOW - It's not the nerd-cast you deserve, it's the one you need!
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Last 10 Forum Messages
Best comic book to movie adaptation