Merlyn's Comic Books and More
User Info

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › Flames of War › BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'
BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

JP at BF wrote this today:

'Guys I have to say that maybe some of you are making too much of a big deal about this.

I picked a simple plan to try and get some form of regional events off the ground in the US for a national event at Origins. I picked this method as a start to what I hope will be a long and evolving set of FOW events in the US. I did not do this to exclude anybody or make it less fun. I could not think of a better way to encourage groups of people to get together and play and although you might disagree with my base line it seems very early days to be saying it will not work.

Origins will be the home of the nationals as far as we are concerned and we will try this year to make the best of our current plan. Should it need improving on next year, as I fully expect it to, then we will addapt the system and move on but we have to start somewhere and it would be nice that even if you think we have made the wrong choice that you let us find that out for ourseleves.

As far as other events go I am fully supportive of any FOW event no matter what format and aside from the fact Origins will only have the official nationals for FOW anybody who wants to run an event anywhere in the world gets my thanks as after all that is what we all want.'

So take or leave it is BF's decision.

chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

This really doesn't surprise me. Talking to JP at Origins, he fully admitted he was new to FOW, but was learning fast. As we all know, he just lisened to the wrong people, but he is not backing down, so indeed we are stuck with it, so we move on.

Bootneck
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

I know JP of old when he was at Games Workshop , He still has some of their way of thinking which in part has been good for BF but I think may be initially indifferant to players but hopefully will change in time....... Smile

Change is something that should come gradually but in the meantime they will stick to their guns , keep at it , they do listen and next year should be better Wink

Bob

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

JP at BF posted:

'Thank you for all your feedback on this issue. Having given all of the posotive coments some consideration i feel that a revision to our original plan of how this can work is needed. I will post an article with this Thursday's web update to address the situation and hopefully give us all what we want.'

So it seems BF has had a change of heart about somethings. Maybe some of the private emails and pm's we have sent to BF thru the back channels paid some dividends. We will see when he announces the new plan.

chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BF announces: 'Our way or the Highway'

Chris, Sometimes us little guys do make a difference. I think BF has to much on the line to screw up now. We will see!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: