36: Home
37: Community Forums
38: Community Forums
39: Community Forums
40: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › Mechwarrior › Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome
Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome
WizKids & Classic FASA
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMechwarrior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fe2mike
Bouncer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome

For about the last 2 months, we have had a reliable group of Classic Battletech guys playing every Saturday at noon.
They have been consitently getting between 5 and 8 players every week.

They are welcoming new players at any time!

mhal9000
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome

I'm not seeing a date on this post, but I have to ask if this is still going on (26 Nov 05). I've got a couple of people down around the Ephrata/Wenatchee area who'd probalby be interested in making the occasional two hour drive up to Spokane for some Classic Battletech goodness.
fe2mike
Bouncer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome

Interesting, that no date thing, I hadn't noticed that, we'll see if we can't get that fixed.
Anyway I posted that last week on the 19th of Nov.
They are also here today but are mixing it up this week with a little Mechwarrior dropship vs dropship action!
They said that next week they are going to return to Classic BattleTech though.

JadeHellbringer
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Battletech Weekly Sat Noon More Players Welcome

Hi folks, my name is Brian, and I'm the GM for the Classic Battletech games on most Saturday afternoons at Merlyns!

A little about me first. I'm new to the Spokane area, having moved here at the beginning of June. I've been a FanPro Commando for about a year now, which means I promote CBT in this area. Merlyns is a GREAT place to learn and play this great wargame- I played at several different locations in Denver, and nothing even comes close to the kind of environment Merlyns provides this game. They even get new books in sometimes before I find out they've been released- not bad!

We play games most Saturdays starting at noon. Oftentimes, these games are centered around a mercenary unit called The Black Legion. Players who are able to make the trip to play often join the Legion and along with the rest of their team will pick the contracts they will go on, fight out anywhere from one to five scenarios based on that contract, and then go to war! Teamwork is encouraged, as is good gamesmanship of course.

If we're not running a Legion game though, we usually have something fun to do. Among the 'one shot' games we've done in the past few months there have been a king of the hill fight, several battles out of FASA/FanPro books, a Clan-style Grand Melee, and a fun game called CBT Backstabber where your team changes constantly. And there's a lot more coming up too.

If you're a CBT veteran, please feel free to stop by and join the fun! If you've never played but want to try it, let me know and I'd love to help you learn the game.

So come on by on Saturdays at noon, and watch for the Battletech gaming group! I'll be the tall guy with the goatee! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexMechwarrior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: