62: My Account
63: Home
64: Home
65: Community Forums
66: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Main › General Gaming Discussion › Who are you/what do you play?
Who are you/what do you play?

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGeneral Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghostwheel
Level 60 Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Who are you/what do you play?

My name is Chris, I play Warhammer 40,000, Rifts/Palladium RPGs, I know magic but I got out a bit ago. I've played a little D&D before, but I don't really know the system.

So, who's up for a game?
Irongaze125
Übernerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

My name is Josh. You might recognize me from the store... I work there on weekends. My hobbies are too many to list, so allow me to summarize:

I play Warhammer 40,000 and have been a dedicated Space Wolves player for around eight years now. I also have a collection of Warhammer Fantasy Battle Skaven that I am slowly forming into a Clan Pestilens army.

I have played many CCGs over the years, my favorite being Legend of the Five Rings. I currently also play Magic and occaisionally tinker with my Warlords deck.

As far as RPGs go, I love playing but also enjoy GMing with an equal enthusiasm. My favorite pen and paper RPG will probably always be Legend of the Five Rings (pattern?), but I have also played many others, including every edition of Dungeons and Dragons. My favorite is 2nd Edition AD&D and my favorite campaign setting is Dark Sun.

I am not huge on video games, but I admit that I have a deep love for old school RPGs, though I have been known to enjoy a good RTS. My favorite games of all times are "Lunar: The Silver Star Story" and "Shining Force".

Oh... and I play WoW.

I enjoy talking about games just about as much as actually playing, so stop and chat sometime.

JadeHellbringer
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

My name is Brian, I'm the GM for the Classic Battletech games on Saturday afternoons at Merlyns. Drop by if you want to learn a truly great wargame!

OneWingRaven
Elder Farseer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

My name is Adric.
I work at the store on fridays, and sometimes wednesdays/thursdays.

I like most ccg's however my largest has been MTG. I've been playing Magic the Gathering for 12 years. I sold most of my things for type I and am slowly getting into type II again. I'm also an avid fan of Legend of the 5 Rings, however I havn't been playing too long.

My main other game is Warhammer 40000. I'm a dedicated eldar *Ulthwe* player, with roots of starting with tau and necrons. I havn't lost in 2 1/2 years and have drawn once, with my eldar. * my first and only loss with my eldar came from space wolves josh - which is to be noted as he is a very capable player*

I also enjoy pen and paper rpgs (amber, d&d, rifts, shadowrun,cyberpunk) and oldschool consol rpgs, up to about ff7.

I'm also the resident Coordinator for Merlyns WH40k "The Dead Walk" Campaign.
Click here for Campaign info

Yosafbrig
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

I be Jen. I've only actually gone into Merlyns a few times, each time met with really uncomfortable stares. As if they have never seen a pair of breasts before in their lives. But still, I love that store.

Anyway, I like table-top games. White Wolf especially - VtM, Werewolf, etc. I started with D&D, but I had bad DMs, so I didn't get as into it as I would have probably liked. I'm trying to get myself a copy of the Serenity RP because I have been sucked into that damn Firefly. *shakes fist half-arsedly*

I also do a lot of paragraph-text-based ones online, because I like to write, mostly. Although some people take it too seriously and want nothing more than hack-and-slash. Which is really annoying. I like a lot of story.

Umm...

I can't think of anyway to end this. So...

FINI!

largojack
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

hillo i beith the mightith toshick pronounced ta_sh_ick and i be a great yet small chaos army of 40,000 k i come dow on weekends or whenever school be out i am usialy at the back corners on sundays making terain this winter i can only make scarce visits but come spring i will be there almost every day.

"Thanks."
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

hmmm
i'm steve, unless my dad is with me, then i'm steven and he's steve (less confusing)
my games are(and were)

MageKnight, even though it was a really horrible game, the backstory and the player feedback elements were cool until Wizkids decided it wasn't profitable enough

Magic, I like to think of myself as a capable magic player, i've been playing for almost five years, and my dad(steve sr.) and brother(scott) play as well. we buy playsets of each new set to come out, but i regularly wind up with hundreds of spare commons, so if you're a new player or if you need something specific, come find me and i'll hook you up.

40k, in my defense, i've only played 40k for about 9 months. still i'm a pretty crappy player with a record of 5 wins (ultramarines x2, tau, eldar, and witch hunters) to around 12 losses (DAs, deathwing, eldar, chaos in four varieties, and others) for the total of 17 games that i've ever played.
(largojack, i didn't include the three way at all since your friend won and you lost in points, i just got to be the 2nd place finisher)

i can pick up rules for almost anything (except 40k) very quickly, was a certified judge for Mk and hope to become one for magic soon. i enjoy teaching games and introducing new players to anything b/c everybody should have something fun to do.

outside of gaming-land i enjoy airsoft, hockey, being a jerk to everybody and doing things that are very, very stupid(ahem)
JQMINIS
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

Im awesome, or James (but without me its just aweso)

Ive played mk, and magic with ^stevens^ stuff...

I Play 40k but am much more involved with the painting/modeling side.
Ive sold many conversions and painted minis on ebay and am more than willing to help someone with painting (just ask).

I Play CS and DOD on semi-pro teams, won cal-im s12 , r5 - s2, dod-o s14
(computer games rock slick socks off)

Outside of gaming ? hmm, Graphic Design, Just being an ass...
Hadin
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

Im Steve

I am an avid M:TG Fan. I come in several times a week to play/trade. A friend got me into the game back in elementary school, I played up through mercadian masks. Got back into magic several months ago, and am really enjoying it.
wolfgang613

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

My main gaming passions are Robo Rally (Wizards of the Coast), Tunnels & Trolls (F.B.I.), and Car Wars (Steve Jackson Games) Twisted Evil .
Uziel
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

I play Warmachine (trying to), GMing for IK, played 40k and waiting for the Eldar codex, raced a team in Formula D, and I've Bloodbowled a little with my lizards. I just quit L5R after diamond ed closed out.

I can remember when Merlyn's was a little shop on ruby and when Skee and Mike (not the Mike that works there now) worked there.
largojack
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
of
domm

"Thanks."
itanex
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

Who am I? What gaul to ask! Well since you have anyway. The name is Bryan. Local Vana Diels call me Itanex.

What I play:

Final Fantasy XI Online
- Character: Itanex
- Server: Shiva
- Stat (1/7/06): 48mnk/29war/27sam/18whm/13thf/etc...

Star Trek: CCG
- Favorite Affiliation: Cardasian - They love to choose sides
Borg - Assimilate This
Federation - Blowing things up

BattleTech: CCG
- Faction: InnerSphere
Wolf
- Typical Deck: Wouldn't you like to know

Starcraft
- Race: Zerg
- Last game with a human: 4/21/2003

~itanex
Uziel
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

Wow didn't think anyone still played BT CCG.
itanex
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are you/what do you play?

Well one needs an opponent to play. I have cards and am attempting to revive this once wonderful game that died before its time. Ping me and Ill mark you on my list of possible future victories. LOL. Eitherway I'm trying to find players to get a revival group together. ST:CCG:E1 as well.

~itanex
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGeneral Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: