75: Community Forums
76: Home
77: Stories Archive
78: Home
79: Topics

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › GW Warhammer 40k › WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk
WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneWingRaven
Elder Farseer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Waaaaaaaaaagh! I like da big gunz kuz dey's Da shootiest and da loudest!!

Ok crew. Took long enough didn't it? This post is the first of many, in the first move to begin the 05' winter season "THE DEAD WALK" warhammer 40000 campaign, sponsored in part by Merlyn's Science Fiction and Fantasy Store.

I will be your "Dead walking" Campaign Coordinator, Adric Hicks. In addition I will soon by appointing a campaign aid to further provide assistance for this event in an attempt to keep things moving in the most efficient way possible.

~The Raw Meat~

- This campaign will be Map based, meaning YOU will control ground and territories with your troops in an effort to exert your presence on the map (also known as winning). for Updated site information as well as online forums, soon to be up to further support this ongoing event.

-Build three lists from one army codex for yourselves guys.Build a list intended for ATTACK, a list intended for DEFENSE, AND a list intended as a wild card - this list will be whatever you want it bto be within restrictions. Keep in mind each list WILL NOT be available for every game, so remember to make that third list something reliable that you can fall back on should another list prove unavailable as deemed in the campaign at the time. Each list must be comprised with the following restrictions – 1500 points, basic force organization, no more then 10% of points spent on wargear and at least 40% of total points must be spent on troops, As well as a 25% cap for HQ, Heavy Support, And Elites. At a later date and time we may expand our army total higher, but for now, this is where it will be. - After you finish Your lists, Either A); email them to me (by typing it out, putting it in html format, or by sending it as an army builder file) B): Drop them off at Merlyns with either myself or any staff member there.

- Write a Brief character Bio for Your Commander, as well as a tiny bit of army background. This is purely optional, You could be Commissar Bob, of the 156th "Bobs Meat Shields". - But remember this campaign has a plot, and as such commanders and armies with some background and personality, (either Humorous or Serious or whatever) make better characters then not in this setting.

~The Fun Parts~

-Some chapter approved army lists and rules will be allowed, however, before using any rule or army list from chapter approved, you must check and confirm them with the campaign organizer first.
-Some special characters will be allowed, however before using them, you must check and confirm them with the campaign organizer first.

~Extra Stuff~

YOU are in control. This campaign is for You, and as such your opinions are what matters. If you have a suggestion or comment, If you feel a ruling isn't fair, or if you have an idea that may better help the Campaign- Tell Me. You are the only quality control in this event, and I will do my best to make sure it starts fun and stays that way, But I'm only one man, (even as incredible as I am) and I can only do so much.

We may be able to get some prize support from John at Merlyns, but that does require a small entry fee for this event. The larger the fee, the larger the prize will be, further more, all money will be kicked back as prizes. That is if we decide to do so.

Ok crew thats it for issue 1 -
Onewingdangel @ gmail.com
Please reply to the above email addres, as so I know you are interested.

Last edited by OneWingRaven on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ghostwheel
Level 60 Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WarhaWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

The mighty Blood Angels will bring the Emperor's Light to this dark place.

sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

just right for my new crusader army...

that in the evening, night-time follows day.
Irongaze125
Übernerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

"Meanwhile, in the fringes of the system, the barge Ragnarok is approaching ever closer to the battlefield. Deep within, the sounds of song and celebration can be heard, drifting up from the Great Hall. Its occupants are involved something of a ritual, sacred to the people of their native homeworld. They drink deeply and brag loudly, celebrating their past conquests and preparing for those yet to come.

One figure, however, remains distinctly removed from the feasting. He sits at the head of the table, still and silent as a statue. This image is reinforced further by his massive suit of armour. The only hint of motion comes from the bionic eye framed by a long scar stretching across his face. Even now, it slowly scans his assembled forces, guaging their readiness for the coming conflict.

Returned from the Long Hunt, the Wolf Lord Odin Irongaze is prepared to once more take the field of battle."

jyurkiw
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

The scans of Baron Usi's Tarnished Legion have detected large ammounts of activity in a new theatre of war.

The time is right and the field 's ripe...

...for the Harvest to begin.

'cron Jeff
Darkness_of_Death

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Well It is time to seek the path of war once again.
My forces shall be like the wind fast and formless.
We shall decend on you like the night which can't be stopped.
You need only to surrender both life and breath to us.
If not then you shall feel Khaine's anger.
May your death be both swift and sweet to our lips.

Com message from a Biel-tan Commander.

By the way could we have more details on the fuffy goodness of this mission?
Coogaar
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: 523rd Laciter Armored

Where ever the light of the Emperor shines, the fist of the Emperor shall be ready to protect his faithful. Despite their dishonor, the forces of Laciter's Imperial Guard will crush the alien, slay the heretic, and obliterate the mutant from this dark corner.

Yes, fluff, tell us Very Happy I've got some background for these guys, but having more fluff on what the campaign is will help me fit it more precisely.

largojack
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Yo this sound like one l337 f1n3 1d34 1ll b3 pl4y3n

by the might of chaos you will get pwnd3d and experince full ow4n4g3

"Thanks."
Ghostwheel
Level 60 Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Leave it to chaos to spell wrong.

JQMINIS
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WarWammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

largojack wrote:
Yo this sound like one l337 f1n3 1d34 1ll b3 pl4y3n

by the might of chaos you will get pwnd3d and experince full ow4n4g3

J00 4r3 teh g14nt p3n4R!!! j00 $h0uld g3t f|213nd$

-me
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

move to ban and dismember the next person to use numbers or symbols instead of letters

EDIT- when i say dismember, i am not mistaking the meaning of the word. i DO mean that we should cut the next offender up after removing them from the thread.
Ghostwheel
Level 60 Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

Seconded

JQMINIS
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

wh4t 4 l337 1d34...
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

NO MORE GEEK TALK!!! IT HURTS MY HEAD.

Merlyn The moderator
largojack
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WarHammer 40k Campaign Started: The Dead Walk

oh and i am in on the campagian just doin some fluff

fluffy is better than scuzzy

weeeeeeeeeeee

"Thanks."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: