109: News
110: Stories Archive
111: Stories Archive
112: Community Forums
113: Stories Archive

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Role Playing Games › Other › PLAY SMARTER WITH MARGARET WEIS TV SHOW RPG's
PLAY SMARTER WITH MARGARET WEIS TV SHOW RPG's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
td9993
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: PLAY SMARTER WITH MARGARET WEIS TV SHOW RPG's

Who hasn't liked a show so much that they wanted to be IN the show?
I mean, I'd kill to be on the island from LOST or even spend one night as Archer's sidekick, but if you're a fan of Leverage, Smallville or Suprenatural, Margeret Wies's RPG company has given you a pretty good chance to be as close as you can get without leaving the state.

MW's gaming systems are based on the Cortex system. Cortex puts you in a game where the characters and the drama are at the heart of the story, where the action is fast-paced and the dice roll freely.

The Cortex System Role Playing Game offers you a fun set of rules that are flexible enough for any genre, setting, and storyline you can imagine!

Character creation lets you run with a concept and be ready-to-play in less than half an hour.

The rules make it easy for new players to understand, and allow the Game Master freedom to improvise when the action takes an unexpected turn. The Cortex System rules provide a simple, intuitive foundation upon which the rest of the game is built.

Smallville gives you ways to make your own lead character, plus gives you stats on well known people from the show.
Can you save the World? What's your destiny? Will Ma make her famous cornbread for dinner?
YOU DECIDE!

In the mood for horror? SUPERNATURAL is the one for you.
"Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the truth hurts and there’s no use sugarcoating it. Ghosts are real. Demons too, along with those bumps in the night and maybe even the monster under your bed. The world’s a scary place. If you’re lucky the nasties that creep around in the dark won’t get hold of you.

‘Cept maybe you aren’t lucky. Maybe you’ve already lost something – or somebody – to the darkness. All the booze and therapy in the world can’t put your life back the way it was. And evil has a way of finding you again once it’s had a taste of blood.

So you decide to fight back. It’s not gonna be easy — as this kind of on-the-job training can get you dead. But you can stop being the hunted and become the hunter. There’s no fame or glory in it, and there sure as hell isn’t any money. But if you get the job done, you’ll save lives and send the bad guys screaming back to hell where they belong. If that sounds good, then you’ve got some work to do."

I have to admit that LEVERAGE is one of my personal favorites. You can't beat the team and sometimes its fun just knowing the good guys are going to win.
But then, Bad Guys...make the best Good Guys.
The rich and powerful, they take what they want. You steal it back. You and your Crew used to be the bad guys, but there are worse people out there. The weak and the helpless need you. You provide... leverage.
Based on TNT’s hit show, The LEVERAGE Role Playing Game puts you in the middle of a dysfunctional but highly specialized group of con artists, criminals, and crooks who are trying to turn over a new leaf. You protect the victims of corporations, mobsters, and corrupt politicians by using your expert skills to outwit and overcome the real bad guys.
A couple of favorite things of mine in this RPG is 1.) The way a person can GO BACK into the story and tell how they prepared something earlier. An example is: The bad guy outsmarted you, but use one of your character points to tell how earlier that day, you pretended to be a janitor and planted a bug in his office, recording everything he did!
Another thing is, sometimes I just can't think of a good scenario. Well this book has you covered with 7 scenario charts.

Let's say for example:
I roll a 3 on the Client chart - Clergy
I roll a 6 on Problem - Injured
I roll a 2 on Pressure - Running out of money
I roll a 8 on The Mark - Attorney
I roll a 3 on The Marks Angle - Just business
I roll a 7 on The Marks Power - Scary
And I roll a 9 on The Marks Weakness - Addiction

Now your set.

A poor Monk, who injured himself fixing his church, can't pay the mortgage and an Attorney for the state, who has an addiction of some kind, is trying to take the Church away, but relax, its only business.

So come in and get one of these great book (at 10% off retail, of course) and spend a night on TV with your friends.

Watch The HANGAR BAY SHOW - It's not the nerd-cast you deserve, it's the one you need!
Kilokahn
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: PLAY SMARTER WITH MARGARET WEIS TV SHOW RPG's

the Cortex system is great, it's the same one used in Serenity, which is one of my favorite RPG systems yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexOther All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: