113: Community Forums
114: Community Forums
115: Stories Archive

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Main › General Gaming Discussion › Christopher's gift ideas
Christopher's gift ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGeneral Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tophertime
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Christopher's gift ideas

It's that time of year again where everyone is scrambling to get their last minute Christmas gifts done and I am here to help. I have put together a list of my Top 10 Christmas Gifts in the store (in no particular order) to try and help you find that perfect gift for the gamer on your list.

Star Wars Armada: Have you ever wanted to have the large scale epic space battles like those you have seen in the films or comics? This game lets you do that and them some. You pick your favorite side (just not the filthy rebel scum in my opinion) and choose a point total for each game, pick a fleet, pick your favorite characters and ships, and then go to town. One of my favorite aspects of this game is the way that large destroyers move differently then small ships on the battlefield. It takes skillful planning and crazy guts to make a Star Destroyer move and out-guess your opponents. It's fun and engaging and i have it at home.

Last Night on Earth: I love zombie horror. Some people may think it is getting old but I am not one of them. In this one the players are each controlling a character and they are scrounging for supplies, weapons, and other necessities while trying to survive the zombie hoard. The game gets even more interesting as players die and more zombies pop up looking for a fleshy pink snack bwahahahahahahaha.

Pandemic: A fun and addictive (especially because of how hard it can be) cooperative game. Players are try to work together to save the world from a ton of different viruses before mankind is wiped out. Players MUST work together...I can't stress that enough. Viruses can change the way they are transmitted, change symptoms, and even jump species...this game can be brutal but if you are looking for a challenging game that will push you to your limits of sanity, this is the game for you.

Betrayal at the House on the Hill: Haunted mansions, endless configurations, being forced to betray your friends to win the game...I love it. This game is incredibly detailed and endlessly fun. I would love to go into how fantastic this game is but all I would do is gush. If you like horror/mystery thrillers, just grab this game and thank me later.

Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition: The revamp of 5th edition is a throwback to the days of old. To me it feels like a cousin to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and I can't begin to express how much of a good thing that is. If you want to be a chaotic-neutral one-armed Tinker-Gnome that decides it's a great idea to try and do a back-flip off of your horse and decapitate that funny looking ruffian because you don't like his hat...you can do it as long as your dice rolls are with you. This is what Dungeons & Dragons is about and I am glad they brought back the free spirited fun.

Shadows over Camelot: Set around King Arthur and his Knights, this game has the players make difficult decisions to try and save the kingdom. Unfortunately, one of the players is the Black Knight and is making the bad decisions to help the forces of evil win. You can accuse a player of being the evil knight but be careful, if you accuse the wrong knight of being evil they are out of the game and your position becomes more tenuous.

Munckin; You all know how much I love Munchkin. I own so many versions of this game it is stupid. Kicking down doors, fighting monsters, getting treasure, stabbing your friends in the back....fantastic. An easy game for new table top gamers, there are so many themes that it is easy to find one that fits your mood.

Magic the Gathering Commander: My personal favorite format for magic, you can play with almost every card ever printed. The caveat; you can only play one of any card that isn't a basic land. Made to be a more relaxed and casual format of Magic, deck ideas and possibilities are endless, and customization is limitless.

Rory's Story Cubes: A fun and light-hearted game that is easy to play with younger gamers and kids. You roll the nine dice and make up a story that uses all the pictures shown that starts with "Once upon a time." You can really watch the kids minds work as they come up with crazy stories of adventure and excitement.

Ascension, Chronicle of the Godslayer: A fantastic card drafting game, you draw and play cards to try and improve your deck so that you can kill bigger creature and get better armaments. The goal is to acquire as much "HONOR" as possible before it is all snatched up and the games ends. Whomever has the most Honor wins. This was actually one of the first non-traditional table top games I ever picked up and I still love it.

These are my personal picks but if you have any questions about games or other gift ideas, come say hello and I will do my best to put a fun game in your hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGeneral Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: