Merlyn's Comic Books and More
User Info

Main Menu

Community Forums › Collectable Card Games › Legend of the 5 Rings › L5r Meetings and Tourneys
L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexLegend of the 5 Rings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

As of 8am tuesday morning, we have 6 spots left. They are $26 each with tax, first come first served. I am pretty sure that they will be gone by friday. If someone reserves a spot and doesn't show up, we will give that spot to the next player.
jschouten
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Please count me as one of the six remaining spots. My name is Justin Schouten, I'll be coming up from Pullman, and I can either pay on Saturday, or earlier if need be. I'll talk to a couple of friends in the area and see if they're interested as well. What time does the tourney start? Thanks again for your time.

-Justin
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey Justin,

Because your are from out of town, we can reserve a spot. BUT you need to be here 20 minutes early or we will give it too the next person. So try to be here at 5:30 Saturday.

Thanks

John at Merlyn's
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

We need to be handing out decks for contruction at 5:30. So anyone wanting to play should try to aim at being there at 5:00 to 5:15. Since its a contructed tourney we need a little more time to get all the rounds through. Looking forward to you being there Justin.

Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to post up here. The next tourney is on October 6th. Hope to see you there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Is it just an open tourney or is it a certain format?

Aaron
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

We play Samurai edition tourneys, in a fun to play environment. Open brings in too many of the overcompetitive decks and cards into the environment. We try to maintain a competitivley fun and good sportsmen environment so that people will want to come back. We have lost alot of new players to super-competitive decks that tool them over and so they have no desire to play a game that gives them no chance to enjoy unless they drop a butt-load of cash online buying the specific cards for the uber-decks. People are welcome to play open, there are a few players that come down with both open and samurai format decks to play with.

Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

The next few tourney dates are as follows:
10/6/07 1 vs 1 format
10/20/07 mulitplayer tourney
11/3/07 (I have reuested a prize kit for this day from AEG)
11/10/07 Ogre's booster draft storyline event.
11/17/07 Ogre's booster draft storyline event.
12/01/07 2 vs 2 format (trying something new to mix things up)
12/15/07 (I have reuested a prize kit for this day from AEG)
12/29/07 Open Tourney
Twisted Evil
Edit:
11/10/07 Ogre's booster draft storyline event. (I know its an off week but its one of the few days available in the time allowed.)
11/17/07 now a storyline event.

Last edited by imperialdeadite on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:22 am; edited 3 times in total
aarontruff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Right, thanks for the info. I will try to make it, but we shall see.

Aaron
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey All,

We are signed up to run the Orge event Nov 17th. Check out l5r web site for more info.

Thanks

John at Merlyn's
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

I updated the list of upcoming events (see earlier post).

∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey Matt and all,

I got the ogre stuff for both events. It's a booster draft. And you will get a "shrine" booster and a orge participation card. There are ten spots for each event, so we will do pre-signs if people want.

Matt, what are the "official" draft rules?

John at Merlyn's
jschouten
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

I would like to pre-register for the Nov. 17 booster draft tourney. Please let me know what time I need to be there for the beginning of the draft, as I'm coming up from Pullman. Thanks!

-Justin Schouten
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey Justin,

We only do pre-signs with pre-payment in store. Also, we are still figuring out cost and what people will get.

John at Merlyn's
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

We only have 10 spot available in each L5R event. We are taking pre signs for $15. The cost will be right around $16 or so. We will know saturday. You will get 4 booster unless people decide otherwise.

John at Merlyn's
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexLegend of the 5 Rings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: