106: Home
107: Stories Archive
108: Stories Archive
109: News
110: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Role Playing Games › Palladium › ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .
ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPalladium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obiwanjacoby
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

This is the thread for RTSC. Many thanks to Mike for putting up a Palladium forum.

I just read the book. I like the anime book format, but it's harder to reference. It looks like the larger ships like the Horizont and Ikazuchi are being saved for another volume.

Let's hear what you think of the game and if you got anything planned. Cool

-PJ
Spector
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Have not had a chance to read it yet but it is high on the list. Honestly I forgot the book was in, I know "Bad Fanboy, bad."

obiwanjacoby
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Okay, I finally had a chance to compare this with previous volumes I'd played in the past (namely, The Sentinels). I decided to post a few details. NOTE: Everything seen in the movie is included in the book with the exception of the following. . .

- Mecha stats are very different when comparing Shadow Chronicles and Sentinels. The MDC spread has increased, sometimes by only 25 or so, and in some cases all the way on up to a couple hundred (on the Beta for example). Even the serial number designations are different. Confused For example, Scott's blue "C" fighter is now known as the VF/A-6H. Everything was so different, I thought I was simply going senile and had forgot everything. Rolling Eyes

- There are no stats or maps for the fleet command ships or the Horizont shuttle. Stats for the Invid clamshell carrier were included though. I was pretty upset by this because I really need technical stats on the Garfish cruiser in time for Spo-Con and I didn't want to have to design my own.

- The REF Destroids are obsolete as well as the upgraded Zentraedi Battle Pods (see below). All the REF Destroids have been replaced with one non-transformable mecha called the MK II Condor battloid. I recognize it from an old Sentinels pre-production sketch in one of the Robotech Art books. It's okay. More mecha variety is always fine with me, but I really loved those Destroids. Sad

Idea It's my campaign, I'm gonna include 'em anyway! Laughing Wink

- Through a collaborative effort between the Tirolians and Zentraedi, they've come up with a new type of mecha based on the Bioroid Invid fighters. They're upgraded with heavier MDC and have their own built-in propulsion systems, so no more hover platform. It's pretty sweet looking. Cool

- There's a new Cyclone called a VR057 "Super Cyclone." It's a Cyclone with a giant friggin' 20 mm rail-gun attached on one side. This is the kind of fictional element that never seemed to faze me when I was like. . .12. Now, I'm wondering how the thing can even make right turns.

- There's another new mecha called a VM-9L "Silverback" that looks really kewl. It's a 4-wheeler/Dune buggy-type vehicle that transforms into a battloid mode. I'd always dreamed of one of these as a kid; even designed one out of a Lego Technic set. So this is really awesome IMO. Problem is, I don't think I could sell a player on it who would rather fly an Alpha or ride a Cyclone.

- There is a new Invid mecha called an Overlord. It's transformable. Turns into like. . .a flying clam.

- The Haydonites have a weird mecha that I don't remember from the movie. It's hard to tell how it moves really. It looks like a giant armored gorilla with jet thrusters in the torso. . .or something.

-PJ
obiwanjacoby
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Update!

Palladium is releasing a "Deluxe Edition" hardcover slated for some time in August.

This book will feature all of the additional info that I needed in July so that I could run a convention table on August 1st! Laughing Rolling Eyes

-PJ
Spector
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Figures, right after I buy the regular book.

Also they are releasing updated books for Macross and beyond.

obiwanjacoby
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

I'm running a demo game for new players during SpoCon over the weekend. You don't have to know anything about Robotech to participate.

Hope to see everyone there. Wink

-PJ
Spector
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

They always seem to plan these things over my work weeks. Hope the games went well.

obiwanjacoby
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Spector wrote:
They always seem to plan these things over my work weeks. Hope the games went well.

That they did. Cool

I'd love to run it at Merlyn's sometime. It would requre six players though.

-PJ
Spector
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Saw the cover art for the Macross book at the Palladium booth over the weekend, pretty spiffy. They also had sneak peeks of the inside art and it looks a little better. It should be out in 1.5-2 months with the Masters RPG about a month after that.

tobefrnk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

obiwanjacoby wrote:
I'm running a demo game for new players during SpoCon over the weekend. You don't have to know anything about Robotech to participate.

Hope to see everyone there. Wink

-PJ

Darn. Wish I had known about this SpoCon thing earlier. Although after looking through the book, I'm not sure how well I would have played. I learned way back on the old school rules and the revised (or whatever you want to call it) Palladium rules are proving difficult for me to get used to. Oh such a creature of habit am I.
Spector
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

I am waiting to see the earlier trilogy in the revised rules. I have the old books and I want to compare them since most of the equipment from SC isn't in them, especially the Macross era.

Cilidar
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

I'm planning on jumping over to Palladium's website and ordering their Holiday Grab Bag. I want to get both stuff to start up with Rifts and Robotech. I have the Rifts Ultimate edition down but I can't decide to get the Deluxe Robotech rulebook or the smaller one and a Rifts sourcebook. Can anyone give me some help? Would the deluxe rulebook be better than the simple rulebook and a sourcebook?
Cilidar
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Are the older Palladium Robotech books compatible with the new one? I just found an auction on ebay that has Robotech, Southern Cross, REF Field Guide, RDF Manual, The Sentinels, Invid Invasion, Zentraedi, Zentraedi Breakout, & Strike Force as well as d20 Mecha for 15.00 + 5.00 or so shipping. Pretty good considering each book is 15 or more.
Should I grab em?
Iron_Legion
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

I have a first printing of "Return of the masters"

robotech FTMFW!
Cilidar
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: ROBOTECH The Shadow Chronicles. . .

Aah... The bidding went up to 37. That means final cost will be over 40. A little too much for me at the moment, darn....

Well, at least I can use the money for Palladiums grab bag!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPalladium All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: