News
News
News
News
News
News
News
News

Role Playing Games › Dungeons & Dragons › Pathfinder - New group looking for player(s), 11/2009 › Community Forums › Merlyn's Comic Books and More

Pathfinder - New group looking for player(s), 11/2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ansalander
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Pathfinder - New group looking for player(s), 11/2009

Pathfinder game starting now! Standard PF rules but in a home-brewed world. We have a DM and 3 players. 2 are mid-30s long-time gamers (but not the type that like to brag about their original copy of Chainmail and how they've been gaming for 8 months longer than you). The other two players are mid-20s and relatively new to table-top gaming.

Here's some background on the game style:
I like suspension-of-disbelief tension in the game and "bad guys" who are BAD - not just ugly guys with horns on their head. First person and third person roleplaying are both fine with me, but mostly I think its about characters having character and acting believably for their personality. I like lower-magic settings with lots of grit and dire circumstances to be faced. There's a lot more to strategy and combat than initiative, to-hit rolls, and when to use your flying-backflip-kick attack. Also, I don't care for save-the-world scenarios or royal-court politics and intrigue settings. I prefer players that can say what motivates their character, what makes them get up off the bar stool and DO something. Greed? Attitude Problem? Sense of Justice? Curiosity? Those are all human motivators. "To gain knowledge" and "To test himself" are just lame synonyms for "leveling up." That makes for a boring game. Ask yourself this: When would my character do something contrary to his/her self-interest? Normal people do things like that all the time, so why not characters?

I actually use the rules (insert shrieks of horror here), but don't mind house rules.

** Enough said, e-mail me if you want to game.

ansalander @ yahoo.com
CrazedDwarf
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Pathfinder - New group looking for player(s), 11/2009

What day do you game? Still need more players?
Post new topic   Reply to topic        Forum IndexDungeons & Dragons All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: