This short month brings a lot of punch to Heroclix. By the time February hits, we will have already received the Star Trek Tactics II Heroclix set and the Amazing Spider-Man primer (or gravity feed or counter-top display or single boosters or whatever they're called this week). The full set of Amazing Spider-Man releases on February 6th and No Man's Land Month 3 will have us all brawling over turf at the Gotham City Power Plant, with Ultimate Clayface lurking in the shadows.
- WEDNESDAY 5:30 PM
- Remember when we used to do those silly play-with-what-you-get booster drafts on release day? We're doing it again!
COST: Buy a single, 5-figure booster from Amazing Spider-Man.
All players will sit in a circle and open their boosters together, at the same time. Each player takes one figure from their pack and pass the rest to their left, while receiving a pack, minus one figure, from the player on their right. Continue picking one and passing the rest along until all players have five figures. Those are the ones you get to keep. Those are the ones you will be playing that night, REGARDLESS OF POINTS.
Yes, this means people won't all be playing with the same points. Yes, this is inherently unfair. Any prizes distributed that night will be awarded in a completely random fashion, amongst all players. This in NOT a competitive event. This is just goofy fun.
No trading of these figures allowed until after the game. Play with what you get!
In the event that this set has any kind of God-Pack or Spider-Pack, a single pack that contains nothing but Chases or Super-Rares, any player opening one of those WILL get to keep the whole thing and have the option to sit out the game or to but another booster and play with that one.
Thursday, 5:30 PM
- A regular, constructed night, free from vehicles, colossals, and resources.
400 point Silver Age constructed. No Feats or Battlefield Conditions allowed.
- Additional Restrictions:
1. No vehicles, colossal figures, or resources (including the Infinity Gauntlet and the Utility Belt) will be allowed this evening.
2. All teams must contain at least 3 figures.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and two randomly determined players will choose, in that order, from the following prizes:
- Batman & Nightwing LE (Streets of Gotham #103)
- Dr. Thomas Wayne LE (Streets of Gotham #102)
- Bat Signal special object (Streets of Gotham #S101)
- Radar Monitor special object (Streets of Gotham #S102)
- Killer Croc Sewer Lair/Streets of Gotham map from the Streets of Gotham OP kit.
- You can like your Heroclix, but you cannot love them. There will be no Heroclix event this evening.
Thursday, 5:30 PM
NO MAN'S LAND - Month 3: PERIL AT THE POWER PLANT!
Purchase of $10 in any Wizkids product.
- This can include one regular booster pack (from any set we have available), 3 singles from any of the counter-top displays, or even one of the Wizkids board games for those who were planning on getting those products anyway.
-Except for the Star Trek Tactics ships, any clix purchased that evening are welcome to be used as part of your force, subject to the restrictions noted below.
- 400 point Constructed, with at least 200 points from Batman
, Batman: Streets of Gotham
, and/or No Man's Land
- 1st, 2nd, and a randomly determined Fellowship player will receive an Ultimate Clayface limited edition figure.
- Participation: players will receive the Grapnel Gun 3D special object, limited to the first 20 players to sign up.
- Additionally, the 3rd place winner and another randomly determined player will choose, in that order, from 2 extra prizes: Azrael (Batman
#104) and the Radar Monitor (Streets of Gotham #S102).
- No player will be awarded more than one of these prizes.
- The map will be the Gotham City Power Plant. We will be using the quake rules, requiring players to roll two dice at the end of each turn. A 2 or a 3 indicates flipping the map over.
- Players will maintain their gang allegiances from previous events. Those who haven't chosen a gang will be given a choice between the least-represented gangs.