WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9
-> GW Warhammer 40k

#1: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 pm
    ----
Due to the large number of new players we've been seeing in store, I've decided to offer a recurring Beginner's event alongside our monthly Games Workshop fare. These events will hopefully emphasize a learning atmosphere in which new players can check out the game and get advice from more experienced hobbyists, without diving headfirst into the tournament format.

We'll be using basic scenarios and force organizations, with no weird or special rules. Entry will be free, and the prize will be free entry into our next competitive event ($10.00 value). Lists should be 500 or 1000 points (if you bring a 1000 point list, please be sure to have a 500 point backup!)

The regular players in our 40k events will not be eligible for entry into this event. Eligibility will be at my sole discretion.

Players and lists will nominally be subject to the same rules found in our standard events, but we will be lenient on procedural and representational issues.

#2: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: SonOfDornLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm
    ----
Our Sunday crew is more than happy to help teach any new players as well. We have a really relaxed play style and are out to have fun. Smile

#3: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:46 pm
    ----
None of you will be eligible for the prize (you've been playing too long to be beginners) but I'd love to have you all down to play some games with new players.

#4: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: SonOfDornLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:58 pm
    ----
Oh, I wasn't saying we'd compete for it. Just saying you are welcome to send new players our dirction for training if they have a schedule as tough as ours Smile We have a Facebook group for setting up our play days called 'Merlyn's Warhammer 40k Chapter' if anyone wants to see what we're about.

#5: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: loialarent PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:03 pm
    ----
Its a lot of fun ^^. If anyone is curious, most Sundays at noon we play! Thats how I learned...I just wandered in one day XP.

#6: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm
    ----
Oh, i figure most of you guys aren't interested in the prize anyway, and I'd love to have you playing games, especially with new players.

Especially considering that this is our first event with beginner tables, I'd definitely appreciate having a couple of you guys down whenever it's convenient for you to fill pairs if we have an odd number or not many newbies.

#7: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: SonOfDornLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm
    ----
Sounds good to me. We're happy to help out when we're able Smile My Figure Case on it's way?

#8: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 pm
    ----
Just came in today, actually. You'll probably get a call tonight. It does have the raised citadel logo unfortunately.

#9: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: SonOfDornLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:26 pm
    ----
Missing the backing on one of the foam trays Sad

#10: Re: WARHAMMER 40K BEGINNER EVENTS, STARTING JANUARY 9 Author: SonOfDornLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
    ----
Just called GW tho and they are sending me a set of 3 to replace it Smile

-> GW Warhammer 40k