#1: Merlyn's Annual Halloween Costume Contest Author: td9993, Location: SpokanePosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:41 pm ---- First note:
We will posting the photos of all entries here AND later on our Facebook page.
For the COMICFEST contest, upload you photo from here and click their link below.
REMEMBER: This contest goes through Halloween, so you do NOT need to be present in the store to win.
We take your photo and you're free to go. After Halloween, we will post the photos onour Facebook page.
1. Come down to Merlyn's and grab one of the Halloween Comic Fest buttons.
2. Take a picture of yourself in your costume down at the store between Saturday October 26th (between 10am - 9pm) and Sunday October 27th (between 10am - 9pm), holding the Comic Fest Button. (Holding the button is your only way to enter Comic Fest's Contest.)
3. Go to www.halloweencomicfest.com and enter in one of their 5 different categories.
4. Upload your photo and write a short description about you and your costume.
5. Then, before Halloween, we'll use your photo you took at our store , post it on our Facebook page and enter you in the Merlyn's Costume Contest as well. Just like previous events, the more LIKES you have on your Facebook photo in our gallery helps you to win.
Merlyn's will be giving out $20 gift certificates to the Best Adult and Best Children's costume.
WITH COMIC FEST AND MERLYN'S CONTESTS, THAT GIVES YOU TWO CHANCES TO WIN GOODIES!
*Please note that Merlyn's Costume Contest ends on October 31st while Comic Fests Contest goes until November 15th, 2013.
Last edited by td9993 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
#2: Re: Merlyn's Annual Halloween Costume Contest Author: td9993, Location: SpokanePosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:14 pm ----
#3: Re: Merlyn's Annual Halloween Costume Contest Author: td9993, Location: SpokanePosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 pm ----
#4: Re: Merlyn's Annual Halloween Costume Contest Author: td9993, Location: SpokanePosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm ----
#7: Re: Merlyn's Annual Halloween Costume Contest Author: td9993, Location: SpokanePosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm ---- Oh, we're not done yet with our awards!!
The following people will receive a authentic cheap, plastic trophy for their costume!
That's right! Authentically cheap AND plastic!
But the great part? NO ONE will get one just like it!
The trophy for "funniest" goes to Tyler for his child's Breaking Bad costume.
Second trophy "Scariest", so the Grim Reaper was chosen for this award.
And last, this award was chosen for the "Most Authentic" and was very difficult to chose a winner for.
What we was looking for was something that, if the character appeared right out of the comic, movie or game, is everything as it should be.
No fake parts or store bought items for the most part.
And that winner is Riker for his spot on impersonation of the Hunter from Left 4 Dead, even down to the pose.
Congrats to those last 3 who entered and a big thanks to those that did!
It was REALLY hard to choose from the entries this year as we almost TRIPLED the costumes from last year.
Remember, Free Comic Book Day is coming up in about 6 months, so start working on those costumes now!