Flames of war or American Civil War
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Flames of War

#16: Re: Flames of war or American Civil War Author: Dungeon_Master123Location: spokane, WA PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:37 pm
    ----
So do i paint the base and then dip it in the earth stuff or paint it with glue and then dip it in?

#17: Re: Flames of war or American Civil War Author: DeathorGloryLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:04 pm
    ----
Glue always seems to show through, especially with play and transporting troops. If some of the scenery gets knocked off in a game or transport if there painted all you end up seeing is a painted area that blends in. I paint, dip, tap extra off and look the base over. If it needs another layer or if you are going to add a different terrain type on top, paint the area and tap again. To add bushes, I do use elmers glue on the bushes because they need the extra hold. This is how you get depth in terraining bases. Multiple layers. Take a piece of card board and try the technique on it, you will see what I am talking about. A little practice and you will like the result. A dark green under the terrain gives it depth, if you are doing an area where grass or woods would be. The burnt umber works well for desert or sicily or italy. So lighter sand over a darker color brings out the sand effect. I am working on a British first army for the Tuniscian front that should be fun to play. It is a defensive force.

-> Flames of War