Tiger Tactics
-> Flames of War

#1: Tiger Tactics Author: Dungeon_Master123Location: spokane, WA PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:49 am
    ----
Well this is open up for anyone, just post tactics that you think are good on how to use a tiger or how to blow one up.

#2: Re: Tiger Tactics Author: Dungeon_Master123Location: spokane, WA PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:53 am
    ----
Has anyone considered using the tiger as kind of a way to reek havoc in your enemies back lines. I.E. using them to take out anti tank guns on objectives, or using them to target artillery pieces. You can outrange all of these things in direct fire, and on a standard 6 x 4 table, 40 inches goes a long way. Also, since these targets are, for the most part, stationary they would easy targets to take out and bring your enemy closer to breaking. I know one tactic against a tiger is to have your tanks stay mobile and just ignore it! Well I say if your enemy does this, dont waste your time chasing his tanks around, start taking out more stationary targets...just a thought.

#3: Re: Tiger Tactics Author: DeathorGloryLocation: Spokane PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 pm
    ----
Tigers- A good topic. Very expensive. Running 2 will take up over half your points. Trouble is they are a support group and must be attached to some other parent unit. IE, Grenadier, Panzer Grenadier or Panzer. Also all your points are in 2 tanks. Let the airforce come in and they can really kill alot of points in 2 tanks. I have seen it happen. I was loosing a game badly, one night. The person I was playing was running german and I was a US infantry company. He was running 3 panthers in a 2,000 point aside battle. Meeting engagement. He was kicking my butt, until I final got my limited air to come in. I got 3 planes and he had no anti-air. I killed 2 of the three panthers and the last one broke and left the table. In one turn he lost over 800 points and the battle 2 turns later. So expensive tanks come at a cost. Every country has something that can kill a Tiger. Maybe not frontally, but always side. If there is any cover at all, they will get to your sides if you advance. Also, some infantry weapons can at least bail you out if not kill you in assault. So keep the support close, you may very well need it.

-> Flames of War