A question on Forgeworld models
-> GW Warhammer 40k

#1: A question on Forgeworld models Author: Zeev PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 am
    ----
Well I am still making my collection.

I have been looking at the Forgeworld models for the Broadside Battlesuit for my force. Mainly because buying it would be slightly cheaper and looks cooler then the one from GW.

Now I want to make sure that this guy would be legal, as Forgeworld is a subsidiary of GW.

See you all in the fall. (Ill be in July, 10th or 11th, hopefully i can get some playtime in)

#2: Re: A question on Forgeworld models Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:39 pm
    ----
A forgeworld model that represents a codex entry should be legal for any 40k game. In your example, the battlesuit should be fine as long as you're not using any weapons that can't be bought in your codex.

Forgeworld special rules, however, are not allowed. For example, Shas'O R'Myr cannot be purchased in the Tau codex, thus while his model could be used to represent a similarly equipped battlesuit, his special rules could not be used without the opponents consent and will almost never be allowed in a tournament.

Larger units like titans and flyers are often permissible in apocalypse games, but will never be allowed in tournament play and are usually too powerful for smaller games.

As for price, remember that forgeworld prices are in GBP, not dollars. So, for example the XV-88-2 w/ plas rifles is 24.45 gpb, which currently converts to $36.97 plus shipping. The XV-88 that I've got on the shelf in store retails for $34.99, but I don't know if it contains the plasma rifles. Forgeworld models are also usually very high quality and detailed.

You'll be in town long enough to get your 13 events in for Lucky 13's. Check my posts in the forums for details on these upcoming events.

#3: Re: A question on Forgeworld models Author: Zeev PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:24 pm
    ----
Ill only be in Spokane two days. If I can be in on the tenth I will only be able to stay for one or two hours tops. As I have to do Something at EWU.

#4: Re: A question on Forgeworld models Author: Zeev PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:51 pm
    ----
Never mind I just re-read the post/ /facepalm for not noticing that it ends in November.

#5: Re: A question on Forgeworld models Author: sthar8 PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:40 am
    ----
STHAR8 IS A LOGOUT MONKEY. Smile

THE MANAGEMENT

-> GW Warhammer 40k